Tuesday 28 June 2016

God changed my life

In 1964, only three and a half years after my first visit to Jerusalem, I lost my voice. Unable to preach in my church, I went to the hospital to be told I had throat cancer and needed an operation. I didn't have time for an operation and, believing God for a miracle because I had seen so many healings in my ministry, I prayed for 3 months. Then, because my faith was strong, I told the doctors that I was healed. They laughed at me, they said that there is no God and the cancer was now so big, I must have an operation within 3 days to remove my vocal chord! I went home in shock - I was an evangelist, a missionary in Israel - and, only 32 years old, my ministry was finished!

I fell on my knees and said, "O God, teach me how to pray!" - It's one thing to pray when they say you have cancer, it is totally different when you only have 3 days before they take away your voice! I remember crying out, "Oh God, I haven't yet seen Your power in my life! Oh God, my dream, my vision is not fulfilled! Oh God heal me! I've seen so many miracles! But now I need a miracle!" My church members said, "It is so easy for David to see God work miracles when somebody else has cancer. Now he's got it!" At the end of that day I was not healed.

The next day I changed my prayer to the most dangerous one of my life: "Oh God I believe you are telling me my ministry should be in Russia. If You want me to leave my home, my family, then I need a miracle! Take this cancer out now!" I went to the Word of God. The relationship I have with God is that I say, "Lord, if You want to talk with me, tell me direct and show me in writing, in Your Word!" Men lie, but God is not a man, He cannot lie! The Bible is the most powerful book in the world! All the power and authority that God has is revealed in His Word! - What He says He does! I turned to Romans 8, and read: "When we don't know how to pray, the Holy Spirit prays for us, according to the will of God." In that moment, I knew I had the answer. It was the will of God!

Next morning, I went to the hospital. There were three doctors, they put the instruments down my throat, pulled them out - three times - and they were angry and began to accuse me, "Who did it? Who operated? - Somebody has cut it out with a knife! The surgeon who operated has left a scar!" I said, "The God you don't believe in, He did it last night!" God had touched my throat, and touched my life! Now I had to tell my church that I would leave and go to Russia!

In 1961 I went to Jerusalem seeking a new anointing, a new fire, three and a half years later I received this fire when He healed my cancer. My experiences with God have never been in a church or a conference, but step by step, trusting God through every mountain and valley. 'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff protect, guide and comfort me' (Ps 23:4 AMPC).

Watch or listen to this message by clicking on the links below

To listen to the podcast click here



To watch the video click here

No comments:

Post a Comment