Tuesday 5 July 2016

The power of God to deliver

'I have surely seen the affliction of my people, and have heard their cry; I know their sorrows; And I am come down to deliver' (Exodus 3:7-8). When I had lung cancer, who did I call, who could I go to for help, I went to the Lord. He was the only one who could deliver me from my sickness. I seen the power of God to deliver; yes, He has healed me twice of cancer and from a communist prison, but I have also seen Him deliver men from the power of sin. I once preached in a Siberian prison to all 1400 inmates, desperate men: 200 multiple murders, 400 serious sex offenders and 800 even worse criminals. The commandant said he was an atheist, that God could not change these men, that I was wasting my time. But, faced with the crisis of this challenge, the Holy Spirit came on me and God transformed the prison that day. All 1400 criminals repented and twenty of those convicts are now pastors and some of the best evangelists in Russia today were saved that day in that place!

Whatever your circumstance, wherever you are, whoever you are, God says, 'I have seen your affliction, I have seen your suffering, and I am come down.' God is not talking in the past tense or some distant date in the future, He is speaking in the present tense. 'I am come down…' This is the miracle of our God: every time we are in distress, every time we are in trouble, God always comes to rescue. Just as God delivered the Israelites from Egypt and led them into their Promised Land, so God, by His grace, delivers us out of our spiritual Egypt into our land of abundance.

Watch or listen to this message by clicking on the links below

To listen to the podcast click here



To watch the video click here

No comments:

Post a Comment