Monday 20 June 2016

Meet with Jesus

All my life I have been desperate to meet with Jesus, to see His power and glory here on earth. Why did I first go to Russia, why do I have the ministry I have today? My first visit behind the Iron Curtain was over 50 years ago. I was an evangelist, a pastor in England, yet I had seen how the church had lost the anointing, lost the power. I was determined that I would have an experience with God that was incorruptible, that would last until the appearing of Christ! I had heard that the first World Pentecostal Conference in Jerusalem would be held on the Day of Pentecost, in May 1961. - I was determined to be there to receive a new baptism of fire! My Bible says that the church of God began in fire on the Day of Pentecost, and the church will end in fire when Christ returns!

I was married, with twin girls, how could I get there? I could not afford the air fare, but I was determined to go! I decided to go by road, which was impossible, no one had ever done it before! Prayerfully God gave me a plan to organise an expedition from England to Jerusalem. I was warned that I would have to go through the communist countries, be killed by bandits crossing Turkey, and going through Syria, arrested as a spy and put in prison. But God was with me.

When I got there I was so disappointed. I had gone for only one reason: to be in Jerusalem believing God would send another Pentecost. There were 3000 in the conference: 2999 tourists, and me! Nothing happened, nobody laid their hands on me, I didn't fall over, I didn't feel any power, nothing. I had done everything to be there, spent two years organising in order to meet with God, and nothing, absolutely nothing happened! It was exactly 40 years later, when I was again in Jerusalem, that I realised my entire life had changed because of that trip; God had answered my heart's cry in a very unique way.

When you meet with Jesus, when His fire comes into you, you become a changed person: from a powerless individual into a mighty man of God.

'The Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person' (1 Samuel 10:6).

Watch or listen to this message by clicking on the links below

To listen to the podcast click here


To watch the video click here

No comments:

Post a Comment