Monday 23 February 2015

Let My people go!

Speaking to Russian Holocaust Survivors living in Israel David said, 'I have been many times to Carmel where Elijah called down fire from heaven. Scripture is history - here in Haifa we are in the vicinity of the place where it actually happened! We marvel that Elijah could work such a miracle as when he challenged the prophets of Baal, saying that the God who answered prayer, and would send fire on the sacrifice, would be the true God - 1 Kings 18. Today we have the same challenge - Israel is surrounded by followers of 'Baal', but the God of Israel will again prove that He is the true God. Elijah poured twelve barrels of water on the sacrifice so that it would be impossible for it to catch fire, then he called upon the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel - who answered by fire! This fire burned up the sacrifice, the water and even the very stones. What kind of fire was it? 45 years ago I stood on that site with a friend who was an eminent archaeologist. He had picked up a piece of blue stone, which he sent to the Atomic Research Centre in Britain; they found that this stone could only have been formed by an atomic explosion. That is when I realised that the God of Israel is the greatest God in the universe, who has authority and control even over nuclear power! But He loves you and has the ability to defend you and deliver you from your enemies. Even if it needs miracles, if it is impossible, God will always deliver Israel. Don't be afraid of the future.

'I want to show you miracles from your own history, and how important that history is in your life today. Your Scripture records in Deuteronomy 4:32 that when you were afraid and facing danger, the greatest miracle ever seen on the face of the earth was when God took you out of Egypt, and brought you to this promised land of Israel. It was a phenomenal miracle - only your God could do it!

'But your prophet Jeremiah refers back to this miracle, saying there will come a day when you will forget this great miracle of deliverance, because God says, "I will do a greater miracle when I bring the Jewish people from the land of the north - from all the lands where I have driven you!" God said, "I will do a greater miracle, when I deliver you from Russia, than when I delivered you out of Egypt!" For over 50 years I have been visiting Russia. Why? Because if I wanted to see the greatest miracles on the face of the earth, I had to go to Russia. And it was there that I actually saw God work miracle after miracle. He's your God, He's brought you out of Russia, into this land - He's a God of power, of love, of deliverance. This greater deliverance is happening now - here in Israel!'

'When Solomon prayed, God answered him and said, "If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray, I will forgive their sin, I will heal their land, I will deliver them. I will be their Father, I will deliver them forever and ever, for eternity." Israel is the land of God, you are the children of God - and He calls you to come Home! Not just to Israel, but to come to Him as Father.'

No comments:

Post a Comment