Monday 3 August 2015

Jesus is your healer

God will do so much more than you ask, His power is without limit. I want you to call upon Him today, not just for healing from your sickness, but to heal your heart. When God heals you, you get a new life, it's like being born again; He will fill you with a new energy and vitality. 

I'm not a healer. I'm not a healing evangelist - I cannot heal anybody - only Jesus can! That's what I tell the sinners, the unbelievers so they don't say 'David, heal me!' And when they get healed they don't say 'David healed me.' - They say, 'I prayed, I called upon Jesus - and He worked the miracle!' - Jesus gets the glory! I only want to talk about Jesus! 

Before you read further, let me remind you that I have experienced two outstanding personal miracles of healing from cancer, both confirmed medically. In 1964 I was healed of cancer on my vocal chord and in 2003, healed of cancer in my right lung!

Physical healing is an integral part of the atonement. It has been bought for us together with our salvation, through Christ's suffering and death. Isaiah 53 states clearly that "He was wounded for our transgressions... And with His stripes we are healed." We believe that our sin was taken away and the penalty was paid by Christ's suffering and death. We do not question our salvation, which is by faith in the finished work of Christ's atonement. However the Bible clearly states that not only our sin but also our sickness was borne by Him. We need to apply the same level of faith to our healing from sickness as we do to our salvation from sin.

If you question that the scripture I referred to in Isaiah 53 is merely an Old Testament prophecy, referring only to a full salvation from sin, let me remind you that in the New Testament it is used as a reference to healing. Matthew 8:16-17 says Jesus 'healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying, He Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.' So the healing ministry of Christ was clearly seen as a fulfilment of Isaiah's prophecy, and it still is for today - just as much as salvation from sin - because both were fulfilled literally through Christ's suffering, death and resurrection. Remember, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever!

Sin and sickness are not from God! The purpose of the first coming of Jesus was to make a way of escape from the evil which Satan and ultimately man, by his disobedience, brought into the world: "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, to destroy the works of the devil!" - 1 John 3:8. However, this is only in part today, none of us is perfect in ourselves, we live in a world of sin and sickness and are surrounded by them. When Christ returns we shall be taken out of this world into the Kingdom of Heaven, then there will be no more sin, sickness or death. Until then, walking by faith, we must overcome sin - and temptation - and sickness.


I want to help you pray:

If you want healing, put your hand where the sickness is and say this prayer with me:

I know Jesus is alive, I believe the Bible, God cannot lie! Your Word says Jesus took my sickness and healed me - and I take my healing by faith. In Jesus' Name I will fight in prayer and in the Word of God until I am healed! I command you devil, get out of my body! My body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit. Devil, get out of my life, my home, my family! In Jesus' Name I defeat you devil! I will live in victory until Jesus comes! Amen!

Listen to today's podcast: Healing

No comments:

Post a Comment