Friday 8 May 2015

Give God everything

People ask me why I am an evangelist when I say God never called me as an evangelist! When I was a boy of fifteen, I was with a group of young people on holiday, walking along Brighton beach. But God and the devil are NEVER on holiday - I was having the battle of my life! I had been preaching since I was thirteen, I had received the Baptism of Fire when I was still only thirteen, and the devil was saying, 'That's enough! Don't do any more, be normal like ordinary people!' - That's what everybody tells me even today! But God was saying, 'David, I want YOU! I want EVERYTHING! Your feet, your hands, your heart, your mouth, your mind, your money, your family, your time - EVERYTHING!' And I could get no peace until that night I said, "Lord, I give You EVERYTHING!" That is the fulfilment of Romans 12:1. It's the message for YOU! – Paul says to YOU, 'I PLEAD with you, give God EVERYTHING!'

Paul's using expressive language - 'I'm pleading on my knees, I'm fighting a battle with you, I want you, I need you to present your bodies as a LIVING SACRIFICE!' Christians, that's tremendous! God is saying to us through the Apostle Paul, 'I beseech you, I plead with you - present your bodies as a LIVING sacrifice!'


No comments:

Post a Comment